Bible Study Time and A Rebuke for and to all Snake Handlers, Tongue Talkers, Baptizers and Other Low Informed Christians walking not worthy of their calling…
I recently came across a YouTube Video about a Snake Handler Church Pastor Dies from Snake Bite .
Here’s another video on the subject
It saddens me in the most profound sense that the pathetic supposed Christian souls who practice such insanity not only bring shame upon themselves before God because they violate a key scripture for the church age to wit: Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. , but they also give people a complete misunderstanding of the Bible and Christians – not to mention ammunition for detractors of the faith.
This meaning that we as Christians are required to study the word of God and to know how to use it by dividing the word of truth in other words using the proper application, context and dispensation. Please see this link on understanding Dispensations of the Bible and how to rightly divide the word of Truth;
There are 3 main reasons why Mark 16:15-18 is NOT speaking to the church age of today.
1. Dispensational distinction between The Jews and The Church
2. The Apostolic Age was signs and wonders to show the Jews the Divinity of Jesus Christ as the Messiah. See links below
3. This prophetic prediction was actually carried out in Acts 28 by Paul.
Please dear reader. Do not believe that these silly people running around jabbering in other fake languages or playing with poisonous snakes or healing people are acting in accordance with scripture. There are miracles today, but they are not carried out in accordance with these gospels.
Note: On a side note, the first above video challenges with lies that the Gospel of Mark stops at 16:8, and the remaining verses are added and not written by Mark. First. The word of God is clear that ALL scripture (not parts of it) is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction , for instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16. Second. The King James Version is the incorruptible word of God and is canonized scripture. It is written from Greek manuscripts known as the Textus Receptus, Greek Manuscripts from Antioch. Here are additional links regarding this truth and how modern day translations are corrupted from Textus Vaticanus, and from the corrupted Greek manuscripts from Alexandria.
Additional link on the complete authenticity of the gospel of Mark LINK
Additional links on the Apostolic age and the age of Grace
While the so-called ‘Great Commission’ given to the disciples in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and in the Acts, can be wonderfully applied to us today spiritually, as we send out missionaries to evangelize unbelievers whom the Lord would draw into His church, (His gathering), it is important to note the ‘address on the envelope’ was God’s covenant people Israel (Acts 3:25). Moreover it applied specifically to the period when God was wooing His covenant people to be part of the particular kingdom “gathering” the Messiah had promised to build (Mat. 16:18-23). To them every aspect of that commission, including the physical signs and wonders, applied literally and without omission.
Signs and Wonders
Brief Study Outline
A. The Meaning of Signs and Wonders: Signs and wonders are special miracles that “signify” that something miraculous is going on. They are always intended on making people “wonder” about important things instead of remaining numb to them. In the Bible, signs and wonders include:
1. Miraculous Healing, raising the dead, giving sight
2. Speaking in tongues
3. Prophesying – telling the future
4. Withholding rain for 3 1/2 years (Elijah) in judgment
5. The sun darkened, and moon turned into blood (Act 2:19,20)
B. The Method of Signs and Wonders
1. By the “laying on of hands” of those empowered
2. By prayer by those empowered
B. The Purpose of Signs and Wonders
1. To prove that Jesus was God (Acts 2:22)
2. To back up the word of God (Mark 16:20)
3. To show that God was with the Christians now in Acts 2, like as He had been with the Jews in Exodus (Dt 6:22)
4. To mark changes in God’s dealings with mankind (Act 2:19)
5. To deceive people and get them against God (Rev 16:14)
C. The Producers of Signs and Wonders
1. God Himself (Isa 7:14)
2. The Lord Jesus (Acts 2:22)
3. Prophets – Moses and Aaron (Ex 7:3), and the prophets
4. Apostles – By the hands of the apostles (Acts 2:43; 4:33; 5:12; 14:3,4; 19:11; Ro 15:19; 2 Cor 12:12). They got this personally from the Lord Jesus (Mt 10:1,2).
5. Deacons – By the first deacons (Acts 6:8; 8:5-7) – they were given this power by the apostles (Acts 6:5,6)
6. The Anti-christ (Mt 24:24; Rev 13:11-15), and his “ministers” (Ex 7:10-12)
D. The Proofs of True Signs and Wonders
1. They worked every time – with and without faith by the recipient (Acts 5:16; 28:7,8).
2. They never contradicted the word of God – always were subject to verification (1 John 4:1)
3. They worked against ALL forms of disease and satanic powers (Matt 10:1,8) – they could heal AIDS, and restore missing limbs – not just “stretch” limbs and cure gout!
4. They worked until the end of the apostolic age (2 Tim 4:20; 1 Cor 13:8)
E. The Problem with Signs and Wonders
1. An adulterous people look for them – not true seekers of Christ (Mt 12:38-41), but of those who only seek more sources of personal power!
2. The devil can easily counterfeit most of them (Ex 8:16-18; Rev 13:13-15)
3. The Lord will allow signs and wonders to confound the rebellious (2Thes 2:8-12), and test the Christian (Dt 13:1-5).
4. Miracles are to be subject to the word of God (Isa 8:18-20). If they aren’t valid, then the magician is to be stoned (Dt 13)
5. People are only to believe the word – not miracles (John 4:48). The miracles were to get people to believe the word (Mk 16:20)!
F. The Place of Signs and Wonders – in the Past, and in the Future
1. Primarily in Israel
2. To the Jews throughout the world – to get them back to God
3. To some of the Gentiles – but not as a general rule. Paul was restrained in using miracles outside Israel (Cf 1Cor 1:22-24), but would use them if there were unbelieving Jews present (1 Cor 14:22).
4. Were finished at the completion of the Bible (1 Cor 13:8-10)
5. They will occur again in the Tribulation (manna from heaven feeding the Jews; water from the rock; earthquakes, sun being turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, etc). These miracles will once again be directed at the literal Jews – not Christian believers!
G. The Proper Results of Signs and Wonders – The apostles demonstrated authority over laying the foundation of the church
1. Produced unity in the church – they already had it (Acts 1: ; 2:
2. Seriousness about being a part of the New Testament church (Acts 2:43
3. People getting saved – consistent focus!
4. People getting healed (5:16) – every one! Everybody was ready for the coming of the kingdom of Heaven – Millennium
All this is not ever to imply that God Himself has changed. God is the “miracle worker” and is still in the miracle working business. What N.T. Christianity so quickly does is get it eyes off of the Lord, and onto the healer. May N.T. Christianity once again get back to a complete dependence upon God for all the needed miracles necessary to stand and firm in this dark world!