- You are an ambassador appointed to be a Priest because you’ve come up close and personal to a deeper understanding of Luke 14:26-27; Hebrews 10:38; Luke 9:62; Matthew 13:21-22. Romans 15:15,16, Romans 12:1, Ephesians 2:8,9, and ESPECIALLY – in this context – REVELATION 1:9,10, 5:9,10, 12:5, 20:5.
- You’re in the midst of trials and tribulation and testing. God has chosen you in the furnace of affliction and you know our Lord Jesus is with you in the midst of this furnace and yet you feel completely at peace and your joy knows no boundary.
- As with your fellow Saints, you know you’re being prepared through trails, tribulation and testing as you take the cross. This all started when you heard our Master command you to GO, then COME, then TAKE UP THE CROSS. (Mark 10:21)
Jesus said to the young rich man: “One thing you lack: “GO” your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and “COME” “TAKE UP THE CROSS” and follow me. (Mark 10:21).
As Oswald Chambers wrote, “Very few of us truly know what is meant by the absolute “go” of unconditional identification with, and abandonment and surrender to, Jesus.
- You’re not asking why because you know you’ve taken up the cross and are pressing in closer, you don’t want to miss the mark, because you know you’ve heard our Master’s call and you yearn for Him, you can’t get enough of him as the Shulamite yearned for and sought out her Shepherd in the Song of Songs. You don’t want to miss out on what God has in store for you.
- You know the servant is not greater than His master. If our Lord suffered so shall we do likewise.
- You know the reasons for your calling is because you’re in an empirical understanding of a relationship with Jesus and to do that you must and are being weaned from milk to find the meat. This is where the mature Saint wants to be.
See study on experiencing Jesus
- You know that the ultimate purpose of your calling is to be a joint heir with Christ and heirs–heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. You know this is all for the glory of God.
“And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.”
- Knowing this you know that Christ learned obedience through his sufferings. In other words, Christ learned to submit to God’s will in his suffering, which would lead to his death. Christ’s learned that His suffering is what qualified him to be High Priest under the order of Melchizedek. And subsequently through our obedience to him we are saved. (Hebrews 5:8-10)
- You know the word consecration adheres closely to the law of sowing and reaping. You understand the moment you were called out to be separate you had to first consecrate yourself to our Lord and by faith you know God then immediately consecrated you, gave you the Holy Spirit to empower you with the authority to be His Royal Priest.
- You know you can’t fulfill this commission on your own strength or ability. You know there’s over 4,000 years of history in the Bible where the children of God tried under the old covenant and failed, but God through His great grace and mercy gave us a new covenant through the perfect sacrifice of His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, that we are saved, justified, sanctified – including being sanctified – and will ultimately be glorified. Amen.
- You understand your calling under Jesus the High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek king-priest connection; walking/functioning completely in the Spirit and not the flesh.
- You know and understand the urgency to read, study, and learn and then apply yourself to what are the awesome, incredible responsibilities, duties, requirements of a Royal Priest of God.
Only a person who issaved can be consecrated by God to be His Ambassador here on earth 2 Corinthians 5:20 in the here and now and His Priest on earth during the Millennial Kingdom Revelation 20:5.
To be a Good Soldier for Jesus We have to Know our Authority and Responsibility in order to Strive Lawfully (thethirdheaventraveler.com)However, once were saved is when the battle begins, the process of sanctification of growing up to know our true role as Christians and as Priests of God, even to the judging of Angels. Revelation 20:5, 1 Corinthians 6:3.
Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus . (Romans 3:24)
Once we come to know we’re saved, we then have to take the call to take up the cross and follow our Lord Jesus..
Scriptures and notes on High Priests of God and The Kingdom of God:
1 Peter 2:9: But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
1 Peter 2:5: you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 5:1: For every high priest taken from among men is appointed for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins.
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen
8And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;10And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.Revelation 20:6: Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
The apostle Peter, in his first letter, refers to the saints as a “royal priesthood” (1 Pet. 2:9) and as a “holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices” (1 Pet. 2:5).
A Royal Priesthood and a Holy Priesthood
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
The Levitical Priesthood
Christ as Sacrifice